POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension – Amador County
Nutrition, Family, & Consumer Sciences Programs
Phone: (209) 754-6476
REQUISITION # 20120397 CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 8/21/2012 at 5:00 p.m.
ANNUAL SALARY: $32,568 with excellent benefits
75% position with CalFresh in Amador County
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The overall goal of CalFresh is to assist low-income youth and families with young children to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes, and changed behavior necessary to choose nutritionally sound diets and to contribute to their personal development and the improvement of total family diet and nutritional welfare. This person has major and continuing responsibility in Amador County for the following:
· Recruit and enroll low-income adults with children and/or youth to participate in a series of CalFresh lessons.
· Prepare and deliver family-centered nutrition education lessons to eligible adults and/or youth.
· Collect enrollment, documentation and evaluation data from CalFresh participants.
· Maintain program-related filing system, records, inventory, and outcome data.
· Input enrollment, documentation, and food assessment data into computerized system.
· Assist with monthly, quarterly and/or yearly reports.
· Collaborate and promote CalFresh with partner community programs/agencies and organizations.
· Collaborate and coordinate with other UCCE Amador County programs.
· Knowledge of or experience in nutrition, health science, community education or a related field.
· Basic cooking or food safety skills for conducting food demonstrations.
· Ability to interact, speak in public, and conduct group teaching sessions in a variety of settings.
· Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), internet, database, email and calendaring.
· Interpersonal and oral communication skills to interact with individuals from various backgrounds (including ability to maintain positive interactions with others and work independently and cooperatively).
· Organizational skills to develop course of action, keep a schedule, monitor project plans, review/analyze results.
· Ability to lift objects up to 25pounds.
· Ability to speak in public with radio, television, and print media as opportunities arise is preferred.
· Knowledge of web-based tools (websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55666
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday August 21, 2012 at 5:00 p.m., AA/EOE
The University of California prohibits discrimination against or harassment of any person employed by or seeking employment with the University on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), genetic information (including family medical history), ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services (as defined by the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994: service in the uniformed services includes membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligation for service in the uniformed services). University policy also prohibits retaliation against any employee or person seeking employment for making a complaint of discrimination or harassment or who participates in any manner in an investigation or resolution of a complaint of discrimination or harassment pursuant to this policy. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws. Inquiries regarding the University’s equal employment opportunity policies may be directed to Linda Marie Manton, Affirmative Action Contact, University of California, Davis, Agriculture and Natural Resources, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, (530) 752-0495.